Sunday, May 06, 2007

Its still slavery...

It’s been a while since I updated this blog. Sorry to have disappointed you readers, if any are still reading. Reason of the slow down or virtually no update was due to the change of ownership of my slavehood. Yes, I have recently changed my job, in hope for a better future. Currently learning the ropes of this new environment and have to slave it thru (no pun intended) :p.

New job meant new name card. I received mine recently and someone screwed up with the job title. Instead of the word “Analyst”, that someone actually spelt it as “Analist”. What if I didn’t check thru the card and started distributing to people? Gonna be a laughing stock for that. Why?

First of all, I don’t expect a huge international to make such mistake. But every human makes mistakes. I guess the person in charge might have spelt it in the Malay medium.

For example:
Police = polis
Politics = politik
Comment = komen
Screen = skrin
Interview = interbiu (no sure about this though :p)

Secondly, people might have wrong impression of my job title, if they read it in English. Again, I will use examples to explain further.

Pian-ist = someone who plays the piano
Pharmac-ist = someone qualified to dispenses medicines
Guitar-ist = someone who plays the guitar

If we follow this trend, analist would be..... ANAL-IST !!!

3 Comments:

At 1:06 pm, Blogger zewt said...

looks like someone finds you to be a pain in the ass eh?

 
At 9:36 pm, Blogger Ai Leen said...

hahaha...good one! Was just about to give up checking out your blog, u updated jus in time :P
Don't know whether to congratulate u on your new job, since it's torturing :P Good luck then!

 
At 7:10 pm, Blogger zewt said...

bila mau tulis blog lagi?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home