Saturday, March 31, 2007

2nd Chance

Death is something I didnt take seriously until a week ago. I have been to some wakes, but the issue never really crosses my mind. Maybe i felt it wont happen to me, or maybe I choose to ignore about it. All this changed, within a week.

My good friend, Zewt, lost his mother last week. I'm deeply sorry for his lost. Instead of dwelling in sadness, Zewt did something in remembrance of his mother, by writing about her in his blogs. I was literally moved to tears by his entries and mind you, its been a long time since tears rolled down my cheek.

What he has done in honor and respect for his mother has in fact touched many of his readers. Its a big lost to Zewt but from his writings, many of us realises our shortcomings and was given a second chance to make amends. Zewt's mum would be so proud of his son. Please spend some time to read Zewt's entries and you will know what I meant:

Dear Mommy
A 2nd Chance With Mom
Some of mom's wishes
2nd chance with mom: Why is it enough

Today, one of my collegue passed away. A young guy with a bright future, enjoying his life and his work.

"a funny guy, a great friend"

Thats the common remark i get from those who are close to him. I must admit that I was not close to him. I had the chance but I didn't take them. I wished to have the chance to know him better.

In just barely a week, two person moved on to a better place. We have been reminded to appreciate life and those around us. Count our blessings and dont take things for granted. Simple words of wisdom but how many of us will follow it?

Most of us will adher to these words for a while and then slowly be clouded again by our desires. Dont let this happen and don't wait for another lost to remind us. We are being reminded now, make full use of this second chance.

3 Comments:

At 10:50 pm, Blogger zewt said...

Indeed, we can be so moved and touched by meaningful things around us... but how long will it last? It's very fast for us to move back into our comfort zone. What do we need to do in order to keep us on our toes? I am not sure really... but we can certainly make a pledge today... that we will try our very best.

I am 49 days of vege in remembrance of my mom... and I think I will go on vege every 'chor yat' and 'sap em'... not for religious reason... but to remember my mom.

 
At 3:53 pm, Blogger Ai Leen said...

It's very true. When we're on top of the world, we tend to forget the people who brought us there. Riches comes and go, but family and true friends will always be by our side- there's where we should shower our attention and love. Most people (which includes me) only realise things when something bad happens to him/herself or someone close to them. For me, it was when my good friend Pei Sze past away. Till today, her words are strong in my thoughts,
'Ai Leen, live life to the fullest and with compassion and don't hold back on your feelings'. She has so much love to give but didn't have the time. I now hug and tell my parents I love them- they seem happy and not think I've nuts :P
I hope Zewt's writing turns many hearts to realise to not be blurred by the things of the world and to seek what matters most.

 
At 7:28 pm, Blogger zewt said...

oi... bila mau update?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home