Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Problems?!

It’s been almost a month since I updated the blog and many events had happen…some happy and some quite sad.

Maybe I should start with the happy events first…it’s better to be optimist right?

Congratulations to a fellow blogger, ETLS on his new found love, who is also one of my best friends. May you two have a beautiful and long lasting relationship! And remember my bro…I trust you will take good care of her…if you don’t, make sure you pray hard, I KNOW where you stay.

Two of you guys have been my pillar of strength for the past couple of months. Thank you for that. Never could imagine what would happen to me without you guys. My bro, remember to practice what you preach…”count your blessings” and cherish what you have now.

After two months of training…climbing Bukit Gasing, Bukit Tabor and the stairs of Batu Caves and Uptown 2, I finally manage to climb up to the top of Mount KK! Not in record time, but I’m a happy man. Will be writing more about the climb in the next blog, once the pictures are ready. But one thing that I would like to share now is the quiet moment I experienced when I was descending from the peak.

The peak was a desolated place, desert like with a few patches of moss and plants growing. As I was descending down from the peak, there was a part of the mountain where there was only silence. No a single sound can be heard. I was separated from the group, all alone, and the only sound I heard was from my own movement and breathing. I can even hear my own heart beat. At that moment, many thought came to my mind. Of course the very first thought was my own problems, but as I walked, I began to think why I should feel miserable and bad about it.

My problems are so insignificant compared to others. In the last two months, two new widows had to face the world alone, bringing up the children alone. What is my problem compared to theirs?! At least I’m still alive.

Another friend had to juggle between work and taking care of the family challenges. Taking care of aging person is no easy task. Yet she still can manage to take the pressure of it. Hats off to you madam! What is my problem compared to yours?! I just need to take care of myself.

Sometimes when you are down and out, you might feel that you are unluckiest, saddest, most miserable person in the world. It’s ok to feel bad but remember that there is always someone else in worst condition than you. Just suck it up and count your blessings. The world will still go on whether you are sad or happy. The choice is still yours and be glad that you still can choose.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 am, Blogger zewt said...

put the problems behind and venture forward my brother...!

 
At 7:09 pm, Blogger Shaun said...

Who are the two widows? hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home